SE Forum seeks Executive Director to lead team and organisation into the future
SE Forum is a non-profit, membership organisation that promotes, inspires and empowers social entrepreneurs who seek to solve some of the most pressing social and environmental challenges facing the world today. We are looking for a high-energy and experienced leader to drive the vision and mission of the organisation forward and into a new phase of development. The right candidate will join a committed Board of Directors, the SE Forum Core Team and our Impact Team, a network of seasoned professionals from public, private, non-profit and academic sectors who support our work with entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for SE Forum’s staff, programmes, finances, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will also have the opportunity to shape and steer the organisation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working together with the Board of Directors to set strategic and operational goals for the organisation and conduct effective short- and long-term planning.
- Overseeing daily operations; with colleagues, you plan the operational work to ensure that we are effectively achieving our goals.
- Maintaining a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people and building a strong organisational culture.
- Fundraising and ensuring financial sustainability.
- Developing external partnerships, which include public, private and non-profit organisations. This will include expanding and engaging national and global networks and other relationships to strengthen programme activities.
- Building capacity and developing the various SE Forum programmes and activities.
- Overseeing internal and external communication and promotion of SE Forum.
- Networking and representing SE Forum and its values externally at various events, including public speaking, giving presentations, and moderating panels.
- Reporting and following up on programme development to partner organisations and programme funders to build and maintain good relations.
- Developing the membership offering and growing the membership base.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field of social entrepreneurship.
Education and Experience:
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Management or (Social) Entrepreneurship
- Leadership, fundraising, and organisational and business development experience
- At least 5 years of senior management experience preferred
- Track record of effectively leading a performance-based organisation
- Keen interest in social entrepreneurship, sustainable development and human rights
- Excellence in management with the ability to coach staff, develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate board member relationships
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (in both Swedish and English): a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
As a person you possess:
- Integrity and understanding of ethical business practices
- An entrepreneurial spirit and approach
- Passion, energy and self-direction
- Problem-solving and relationship-building skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality programmes and data-driven programme evaluation
- An action-oriented approach to planning (e.g., lean/agile, design thinking)
- An ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
The position is full-time. You will sit at Norrsken House in Stockholm together with some of Sweden’s most prominent tech companies and organisations working for positive social change.
We strive for an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone no matter background, gender or sexuality to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter describing why you’re the right fit for the position and a CV outlining relevant experience and skills. Email application materials to Maria Bustamante, Board Member, email@example.com. Applications will be assessed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.