To create positive change in the world SE Forum needs a smooth-running office and great communications. That will be your job. You’ll ensure that an effective communications plan is executed to obtain coverage of our various activities in target media, including print, online, social and television. As we’re a small team the position requires flexibility, a can-do attitude and a problem-solving mindset.
About SE Forum
SE Forum is a non-profit organization based in Sweden that creates opportunities where entrepreneurs can grow their businesses whilst changing the world for the better. We do that through various business development programs for social entrepreneurs all over the world.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuously publish relevant content in all our media channels that will take us to our desired position of being ”the leader of societal change through Social Entrepreneurship.”
- Identify and act on possible PR possibilities that can further the position of SE Forum and Social Entrepreneurship.
- Assist in marketing SE Forum activities both in preparing marketing material and in reaching out to potential partners
- Assist and co-plan SE Forum events
- Report writing for funders and partners
- Make sure that the office tasks run smoothly and that the systems set in place are followed and continually developed.
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports, cross-checking with bank transactions
- Record costs and income against the budget as well as prepare invoices and track payments
There will be opportunities to get involved and gain experience in business development and fund-raising activities for the organization. There will also be opportunities for travel abroad to follow up with past SE Forum program participants.
- The right attitude is more important than the “correct” experience. However, studies in Business or Communications from University or equivalent is preferred.
- You’ve worked with social media in a professional capacity.
- You enjoy writing and are fluent in both Swedish and English.
- You’re not afraid of numbers and have basic financial experience in an administrative capacity.
- Photography, design and video production skills are a plus.
As a person you:
- Have a desire to make a difference in the world and have a keen interest in Social entrepreneurship, human development and human rights.
- Are detail-oriented.
- Possess a strong ability to prioritize and plan your work.
You’ll sit at the brand new Norrsken House, Birger Jarlsgatan 57, together with some of Sweden’s most prominent tech-companies and organisations working for positive social change.
We strive for an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone no matter background, gender or sexuality to apply.
Applications should include a short cover letter describing why you’re the right fit for the position and a CV outlining relevant experience and skills. Please apply in English.
Email application materials to Maria Bustamante, Board Co-chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. Final deadline for applications is February 6. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.