Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum) is a Swedish based non-profit organization, founded in 2004. We are now looking for one or two interns for the spring of 2015, who will preferably be able to work full-time.
Since 2011 SE Forum has received funding from SIDA to implement an SE Outreach program, aiming to support social entrepreneurs who seek to address complex problems in developing countries. In 2014, SE Forum entered a partnership with J.P. Morgan to offer a capacity building program for entrepreneurial women who live and/or operate in the suburbs of Stockholm.
As an intern at SE Forum, you will be involved in the daily operations of SE Forum in general, and of the SE Outreach and SE Woman programs in particular. The internship will involve a broad spectrum of tasks, including project implementation, event coordination and administration as well as web-development and external communication. The interns will work together with, and report to, SE Forum’s Program Directors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and develop SE Forum’s profile on the web, including various forms of social media.
- Help design marketing material both for print and digital media.
- Arrange and coordinate all the practical and logistical issues associated with hosting the 8 participants of the SE Outreach Accelerator program.
- Organize events and seminars that aim to promote social entrepreneurship and build capacity amongst social entrepreneurs.
- Assist in the execution of the program activity SE Woman.
- Identify and research potential funders as well as help prepare funding proposals to different organizations and/or corporations.
- Conduct research and map the actors in the social entrepreneurship field globally.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a strong interest, and preferably experience, in the field of social entrepreneurship and/or social development.
- is a creative team-player who can work well independently.
- is structured and well-organized and is willing to initiate and execute new ideas and projects.
- is a “doer” with a demonstrated ability to combine and execute operational and administrative tasks at high standards.
- has demonstrated experience with event planning and/or project management.
- has communication and social media skills, preferably also knowledge in working with Word Press and InDesign.
- reads, writes, and speaks fluent English (communication skill in Swedish is desirable but is not a requirement).
APPLICATION DETAILS & DATES
Deadline: January 4, 2015.
Interview period: January 8-9, 2015.
Internship period: January 14 – June 26, 2015 (start times are flexible based on availability).
Location: At Impact Hub Stockholm, Riddargatan 17D (some work may also be conducted from home)
To apply, please send a CV together with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to provide contact details to at least two references. Please include in the subject line: “Internship Application”.
We are currently unable to remunerate our interns. For additional questions related to this position, please contact SE Forum’s Program Director, Jessika Kjellgren via email at email@example.com.