Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum) is a Swedish based non-profit organization, founded in 2004. SE Forum consist of a network of people working to promote, inspire and empower social entrepreneurs and those interested in the field and is currently run by a Board of Directors as well as two staff members. We are now looking for one or two interns for the fall of 2014, who will preferably be able to work full-time.
Since 2011 SE Forum has received funding from SIDA to implement an Outreach program, aiming to support entrepreneurs in Sweden and abroad who seek to address complex problems in development countries. The Outreach program is currently the primary focus of SE Forum. The most significant component of Outreach is the “SE Outreach Accelerator” that was launched in April of 2012. The Accelerator provides enterprises with important resources, tools and skill sets during an intense 8-week period through seminars, workshops and individual coaching sessions.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
As an intern for SE Forum you will be involved in the daily operations of SE Forum in general, and of the SE Outreach Program in particular. The internship will involve a broad spectrum of tasks, including event coordination and administration, with a particular focus on web-development and internal and external communication. The intern will work together with and report to SE Forum’s Program Director.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and develop SE Forum’s profile on the web, including various forms of social media.
- Assist in the project design process of SE Forums new program activities.
- Assist in the recruitment process of entrepreneurs for the Outreach Accelerator-program.
- Help design marketing material both for print and digital media.
- Plan and organize events and seminars that aim to promote social entrepreneurship.
- Identify and research potential funders as well as help prepare funding proposals to different organizations and/or corporations.
- Conduct research and map the actors in the social entrepreneurship field globally.
We are looking for a person whom:
- has a strong interest in the field of social entrepreneurship and/or social development.
- is a creative team-player who can work well independently.
- is structured and well-organized and is willing to initiate and execute new ideas and projects.
- is a “doer” with a demonstrated ability to combine and execute operational and administrative tasks at high standards.
- has communication and social media skills, preferably also knowledge in working with Word Press and InDesign.
- has experience with event planning and/or project management.
- reads, writes and speaks fluent English.
APPLICATION DETAILS AND DATES
Application deadline: Apply no later than August 8.
Interview period: Interviews will be conducted when the application period is over.
Internship period: September 1, 2014 — December 19, 2014 (start times are flexible based on availability).
Location: At Impact Hub Stockholm, Riddargatan 17D.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Make sure to provide contact information to at least two references. Please include in the subject line: “Internship Application”.
We are currently unable to remunerate our interns. For additional questions related to this position, please contact SE Forum’s Interim Program Director, Andréa Råsberg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions will be answered after August 4.