Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum) is a Swedish based non-profit organization, founded in 2004. SE Forum is a network of people working to promote, inspire and empower social entrepreneurs and those interested in the field. The organization is currently run by a Board of Directors as well as one full-time Program Director. We are now looking for one intern for the fall of 2012, who will preferably be able to work full-time.
ABOUT SE FORUM
SE Forum wants to make the world a better place by promoting social entrepreneurship. We want to see a world where social entrepreneurship is gradually competing with traditional corporations and is seen as a norm rather than an alternative way of doing business, in both high- and low-income countries.
SE Forum promotes Social Entrepreneurship through:
- EMPOWERING social entrepreneurs by providing them with the support, tools and connections to enable them to realize their ideas.
- INSPIRING people with stories about entrepreneurs and their creative solutions to our global challenges in order to stimulate new innovative ideas and solutions.
- SHARING knowledge about social entrepreneurship and the business models and methods needed to create and scale social impact.
Since its inception SE Forum has been approached by individuals and organizations to provide information, support and collaborations with a wide range of partners, including the H&M Anniversary Foundation och Forum Syd.
In 2011, SE Forum received funding from SIDA to implement an Outreach program, aiming to support entrepreneurs in Sweden and abroad who seek to address complex problems in developing countries. The Outreach program is currently the primary focus of SE Forum. The most significant component of Outreach is the “Outreach Accelerator” that was launched in April of 2012. This Accelerator provided 6 social enterprises with important resources, tools and skill sets during an intense 8-week period through seminars, workshops and individual coaching sessions. Another Outreach Accelerator program will be launched at the beginning of 2013.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
As an intern for SE Forum you will be involved in the daily operations of SE Forum in general, and of the SE Outreach Program in particular. The internship will involve a broad spectrum of tasks, including event coordination, fundraising, administration, with a particular focus on web-development and internal and external communication. The intern will work together with and report to SE Forum’s Program Director.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Plan and organize events and seminars that aim to promote social entrepreneurship.
- Design marketing material both for print and digital media.
- Maintain and develop SE Forum’s profile on the web, including various forms of social media.
- Identify and research potential funders as well as help prepare funding proposals to different organizations and/or corporations.
- Manage daily administration, including membership applications.
- Assist in the recruitment process of entrepreneurs for Outreach Accelerator-program.
We are looking for a person whom:
- has a strong and demonstrated interest in the field of social entrepreneurship and/or social development.
- is a creative team-player who can work well independently.
- is structured and well-organized and is willing to take willing to initiate and execute new ideas and projects.
- is a “doer” with a demonstrated ability to combine and execute operational and administrative tasks at high standards with vision and strategic thinking.
- has demonstrated experience with event planning and experience working in InDesign.
- has advanced communication and social media skills, as well as knowledge in working with Word Press.
- reads, writes and speaks fluent Swedish and English.
APPLICATION DETAILS AND DATES
Application deadline: Apply no later than 26 August.
Interview period: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Internship period: September 3, 2012 — 14 December, 2012 (start times are flexible based on availability).
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to provide contact information to at least two references. Please include in the subject line: “Internship Application”.
For additional questions related to this position, please contact SE Forum’s Program Director, Jessika Kjellgren via email at email@example.com.